Most activities offered by CFA Society VBA Netherlands, including Continuing Education events and courses, are open to candidates at a special rate. A candidate is defined as any individual enrolled in one of the CFA Institute (CIPM, CFA) or CFA Society VBA Netherlands (RMFI, RBA) educational programs.
NEW Candidate Membership
Candidates of the CFA program are welcome to join the society through our new Candidate Membership class for €80. This covers:
- Free participation in the bi-annual live mock exams (otherwise $65 dolllars) and other exam support activities
- Candidate-specific career development workshops or events combined with networking
- Our locally produced, VBA Journaal, published quarterly
- Bi-weekly newsletters with event announcements, investment content and society news
- Participation in events & educational offerings of the society (mostly free)
- Access to the Mentoring program and Career Development activities
- Professional exchange and networking with over 2,000 local society members
- Opportunity to volunteer in our active committees
Read more about the Candidate Membership here
. Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
If you have over one year of working experience you are also eligible for Affiliate membership; if you have over four years of working experience you qualify for Regular membership. Advantages of these types of membership in the society include free attendance at most events, access to the CFA Institute Members App and Professional Learning diary for downloading content and recording your continuing education efforts, and access to our Career Development activities.
Candidates who are not members are invited to attend our continuing education events and programs for a small fee. Candidates enrolled in the (full) RBA and RMFI programs will become affiliate members of the society through their agreement with VU for three years. If they are in the program for longer than three years, they may also become candidate members.
Candidate Advisory Board
In order to improve our products and services to candidates, we have a Candidate Advisory Board to get feedback and brainstorm about how we can best serve you. Contact Raphie Hayat
if you are interested in participating in the Candidate Advisory Board.
CFA Candidate activities
In addition, we offer a slate of activities dedicated to candidates, for instance:
· CFA Exam prep events (usually in September and February)
· CFA Live Mock Exam (usually three weeks before the exam)
· Post exam drinks (June and December immediately following the exams)
· Discounts on third-party exam prep courses and materials
· Forming study groups
We encourage you to regularly check out the CFA Exam Updates page
of CFA Institute, which is the primary source of information about expanded exam options, new testing windows, refund policy, and more, to support candidates through their testing options.
CFA Society VBA Netherlands members and area candidates are eligible for 10% discount
and CFA Institute Investment Foundations™ Program exam prep materials offered by Kaplan Schweser. To receive the discount, create an account at https://portal.schweser.com
and state the code
: NetherlandsCFA with your order.
For more information on Candidate services please contact our Education Chair Raphie Hayat